SINGLES 1963




















Come On




A : Come On (Chuck Berry) B : I Want To Be Loved (Willie Dixon)
Producer : Andrew OldhamSound Engineer : Roger SavageRecorded : 10.05.1963Studio : Olympic Sound Studio, London Released : 7.06.1963Decca F 11675Come On is a song written and first released by Chuck Berry. It was chosen by The Rolling Stones as their debut single (UK charts: pos.11).Mick Jagger (1972): "I don't think Come On was very good, in fact it was s--t. God knows how it ever got in the charts, it was such a hype. In fact we disliked it so much we didn't do it on any of our gigs." (thanks, bertrand - Paris, France)
liric
Everything is wrong since me and my baby parted All day long I'm walkin 'cause I couldn't get my car started. Laid off from my job and I can't afford to check it, I wish somebody'd come along and run into it and wreck it. Come on, since me and my baby parted, Come on, I can't get started Come on, I can't afford to check it, I wish somebody'd come along and run into it and wreck it Everything is wrong since I've been without you Ev'ry night I lay aake thinkin' about you. Ev'ry time the phone rings it sounds like thunder Some stupid guy try'n to reach another number. Come on, since I've been without you Come on, always thinkin' about you. Come on, phone sounds like thunder Some stupid guy try'n to reach another number. Everything is wrong since I last saw you, baby I really wanna see you and I don't mean maybe. I'm doin' ev'rything try'n to make you see That I belong to you, hon, and you belong to me. Come on, I gotta see you, baby Come on, I don't mean maybe. Come on, I'm try'n to make you see That I belong to you, hon, and you belong to me. Come on, I gotta see you, baby Come on, I don't mean maybe. Come on, I'm try'n to make you see That I belong to you, hon, and you belong to me. Come on, come on, come on, come on .




I Wanna Be Your Man




A : I Wanna Be Your Man (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) B : Stoned (Nanker/Phelge)
Producer : Eric EastonRecorded: 7.10.1963Studio: De Lane Lea Music Recording Studios, London Released: 1.11.1963Decca F 11764I Wanna Be Your Man" is a rock song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, and recorded separately by The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. Although The Beatles' version is better-known today, the Rolling Stones' version was released earlier.Mick Jagger (1968): "We knew (the Beatles) by then and we were rehearsing and Andrew brought Paul and John down to the rehearsal. They said they had this tune, they were really hustlers then. I mean the way they used to hustle tunes was great: 'Hey Mick, we've got this great song.' So they played it and we thought it sounded pretty commercial, which is what we were looking for, so we did it like Elmore James or something. I haven't heard it for ages but it must be pretty freaky 'cause nobody really produced it. It was completely crackers, but it was a hit and sounded great onstage."
lyric
I wanna be your lover baby,I wanna be your man,I wanna be your lover baby,I wanna be your man.Tell me that you love me baby,Like no other can,Love you like no other baby,Like no other can.I wanna be your man,I wanna be your man.Tell me that you love me baby,Tell me you understand,Tell me that you love me baby,I wanna be your man.I wanna be your lover baby,I wanna be your man,I wanna be your lover baby,I wanna be your man.I wanna be your man,I wanna be your man.I wanna be your lover baby,I wanna be your man,I wanna be your lover baby,I wanna be your man.Tell me that you love me baby,Like no other can,Love you like no other baby,Like no other can.I wanna be your man,I wanna be your man.."